POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cloud Wall : Cloud Wall Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Cloud Wall
From: Erik
Date: 2 Sep 1998 03:22:09
Message: <35ECE42A.73893445@3-cities.com>
Anyone know any good techniques to make a wall of dark clouds?
Sky sphere solutions won't work because I need an abrupt change from
clear sky to dark, stormy clouds right in the middle of the scene.  The
only example I can think of is an obscure TV movie called White Dwarf in
which there were two lands seperated by a monsterous wall.  There was
a scene where they were looking at the wall from the 'lighter' side which
had clear weather and above the wall on the 'dark' side were the ever
present clouds.  Basically just a very abrupt change.  I need to be
able to control transparency because I want to use a lightning halo I
made with it.  TIA